Thursday 26 January 2012

New header

Happy New Chinese New Year and I'd like to give my blog a new look. I have been using the old donut header since July 2010. After I started my work in Shenzhen, I was looking for a new start and I created a 2nd blog for sharing. I gave the blog the name 'Whatever Smiles', as smile makes us happy. Happy to smile, smile to be happy. I enjoyed my happy donuts (the old header on the top), but it is too sugary for me now...so better change again~

I had no clear idea what to put on the new header. So, I drew every characters I designed yesterday night. May I introduce them to you here?
  1. Me: 'Me' is the girl I drew on comics in Singtao Daily in 2008-2010 (Thanks Jan). Her hair is curved on one side. It is the same as mine when I was in primary school. Due to my heavy workload at company, I gave up the column, which has provided me the opportunity to draw comics to the public.
  2. Olga: She is the main character in my DIY book 'Mind the Box' at Kongkee's workshop. Olga was looking for her box with dream and passion. I was really happy to exhibit and sell this little wooden book at a YMCArts in Education DIY bookfair (Thanks Kongkee, Sandy and Miranda Yiu, all encouraged me a lot to create. Olga and I are looking for the box together).
  3. KaKa: She was created for a large scale X'mas decoration at Windsor House, 'Magical KaKa Factory'. I hope she'd bring happiness to the public with her magical desserts. Thanks for the frequent homemade desserts from my dearest friends, I hoped I'd make it with KaKa's magic to them as reward.
  4. Nadia: She is the earliest character I created after my A-Level. No eye and no mouth, to observe the world with heart. She appeared on Swatch watches in 2011 and 2012.
  5. Rabbit family: Their names may be Meca, Uni, Pudo and Peco. Meca and Uni developed from Nadia and they are love partners. Pudo and Peco are friends. I will be working on my MA final projects with them :)
Yes, I can't deny that they are very cute, maybe too cartoon and commercial, but they were all created with my sincerity and from my experience, to deliver positive message to the audience. And I will always insist with this belief with my illustrations :)

2 comments: